Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Is my face red!


I bought the DVD of Stephen Colbert's Christmas special for all my friends down here in South America before I heard about the awful promos at the beginning. A lot of my manakin and antbird friends keep asking why we tanagers head back to North America every year, and we try to explain how beautiful it is and how variety is the spice of life. But frankly, the promos at the start of this video are a bit too spicy--toxically so! Why oh why didn't I watch last Thursday's program and see this warning BEFORE popping in the DVD? But at least Stephen Colbert does issue a pretty clear warning--just take it seriously and skip the promos, especially if you're trying to explain to children or friends of rarefied sensibilities just why you like Stephen Colbert.

No comments: